Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It is so hot....

We are definitely in the dog days of summer here in North Texas. It is already 101 degrees today and it is just after noon. It was 85 degrees when I got up this morning at 6AM.
On the way home from work yesterday there were cars stalled on the sides of the freeway and you could see the waves of heat rising from the cars ahead of me. We have been under heat advisories for several days and a high temperature of 98 sounds like a cool breeze. We are still suffering a severe draught and have water restrictions in place. I feel like I am living in a cave since we are keeping all the shutters and blinds closed to try to keep out the heat. We have had hotter summers here, but this is still a miserable time.
The boys are tired of indoor activities and it is too hot to just send them out to play, I load them up with water bottles and sunblock and we have lots of shade, but they wilt after about 10 minutes and come in panting and red and miserable. I think I am ready for winter, but if it is anything like last winter, it never really cooled off.
But please don't misunderstand, I do love living in Texas!

No comments: