Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Tomatoes!


I haven't been very successful in years past growing tomatoes. I love to have fresh from the garden tomatoes to eat but living in North Texas it was hard to keep the plants contained in the spring and fall and they were often destroyed by the local wildlife that enjoy frequenting my gardens. Summers are impossible to grow anything because of the heat. So rarely would we enjoy many fruits of the vine.



This year my boys wanted to try again so off we went to look for a "patio variety". We planted it in early April, just a few leaves on a small stem, in a pot on the patio, since it is a "patio variety". We have been eating tomatoes every day now for about 6 weeks and it keeps on producing! A fresh tomato for the 4th of July salad today!

1 comment:

Alise said...

I hated tomatoes for the longest time and when I got pregnant with my third, I started craving them and I've never looked back. I don't know what changed, but I can't get enough of those things these days. Yummy!

~Alise